I’m the Chief Engineer for the Major Infrastructure Projects business unit of Babcock International Group in Devonport. I’m currently applying independent governance on technical outputs in support of infrastructure design projects. My background is in finite element analysis, but more generally I am a problem solver, critical thinker and thought leader.
- Systems Engineering and Configuration Management
- Finite Element Analysis and Simulation
- Seismic Analysis and Design
- Python and Machine Learning
- Productivity, Knowledge Management and Personal Development
- Trail and Fell Running
- 1st Class MEng(Hons) in Mechanical Engineering, 2006, University of Nottingham 🥇
Chartered Engineer with the IMechE since 2010.
- Current Position: Chief Engineer, Major Infrastructure Projects, Babcock
- Leading the Office of the Chief Engineer
- Leading technical governance process improvement initiatives
- Contributing to the Transient Design Authority function
Apr 2021 – Present, Devonport
- Assistant Chief Engineer (Facility Design), Babcock
- Providing technical governance to design projects
- Delivering process improvement initiatives
- Knowledge management and learning from experience dissemination
Sep 2018 – Mar 2021, Devonport
- Director and Senior Consultant, Tor Engineering
- Consulting in seismic analysis and design and finite element analysis.
Jan 2016 – Sep 2018, Torpoint
- Consultant, Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- Seismic and non-linear dynamic analysis consulting.
Mar 2010 – Dec 2015, Plymouth
- Mechanical Engineer, Atkins
- Finite element analysis of gas turbine engine components.
Oct 2006 – Mar 2010, Derby