Here's an online version of my CV.
A highly skilled, motivated and creative Chartered Mechanical Engineer, able to rapidly assimilate new skills and with a diverse background, including modelling, simulation and analysis of gas turbines, nuclear pipework, compressors, steel and concrete nuclear facilities, submarines and aircraft structures. With excellent communication and interpersonal skills and proven technical engineering capabilities in analysis and design. Career focus in the last 4 years has been seismic design, analysis and assessment of nuclear-related structures and equipment, including leading and developing a small team of engineers providing a wide variety of seismic-related technical support.
- Configuration management and systems engineering, particularly for nuclear safety-related systems, structures and components.
- Seismic analysis and structural engineering, particularly using ANSYS (APDL and Workbench). Advanced APDL user and capable of writing scripts to save time or to provide innovative analysis requirements. Workbench experience in using design of experiments, submodelling and non-linear plastic collapse.
- Assessment of nuclear safety-related structures and equipment and the additional requirements that this necessitates.
- Expert in using Excel for large volumes of data and summarising key results. Use pivot tables, data connections and advanced VBA macros to achieve challenging goals and to enable the easy interrogation of data sets.
- Artificial time history generation to match target seismic response spectra.
- Soil-structure interaction and dynamic analysis. Able to validate any novel approach using alternative software and hand calculations.
- Assistant Chief Engineer, Babcock
- Providing technical governance to design projects
- Delivering process improvement initiatives
- Knowledge management and learning from experience dissemination
Sep 2018 – Present, Devonport
- Director and Senior Consultant, Tor Engineering
- Consulting in seismic analysis and design and finite element analysis.
Jan 2016 – Sep 2018, Torpoint
- Consultant, Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- Seismic and non-linear dynamic analysis consulting.
Mar 2010 – Dec 2015, Plymouth
- Mechanical Engineer, Atkins
- Finite element analysis of gas turbine engine components.
Oct 2006 – Mar 2010, Derby
MEng Hons (1st Class, University of Nottingham). CEng MIMechE (since 2010).
- Excel VBA
- SVN and Git
Get in touch here: Contact